Find Out How Much You Have To Walk To Start Losing Weight!
If you seriously intend to begin to walk and use this daily walking routine, you should ask your doctor for advice, in order to tell you if you are healthy enough to stand this activity.
How to Lose Weight by Walking
The amount of calories that can be burn while walking depends on two factors: your body weight and walking place. You will burn 400 calories in one hour if you are walking with average speed of 4 miles per hour.
How Many Steps to Take to Lose Weight?
Most of the people need to have 2000 steps in one mile in order to burn calories and lose weight. You can burn 100 calories in one mile. Pedometer will monitor your steps, noting how many calories are burnt and how many miles you walked that day. Some extra working out is not necessary. All you need to do is to add more steps in your daily routine.
1 Mile = 2.000 steps and 100 calories burned
1 Pound – 3.500 calories
Losing 1 Pound of weight weekly = 500 calories daily
You will need to have 10.000 steps on a daily basis in order to lose 1 pound in a week
Here are some tips how to adapt your walking when you have a busy day if 10.000 steps seem too much walking (you can start slowly and lose less weight and then increase the number of steps to 10.000)
- Don’t use the bus always, you can walk to your home or work, or you can simply get off the bus on the halfway of your destination
- Don’t park your car on the destination where you need to get, park it somewhere far away and take a walk
- You can walk to the station and forget about taking a taxi or a bus
- Never use the elevator, instead take the stairs.
- Walk with your children to school
- If you have more sophisticated pedometer you can check the number of pounds you lowered or how many calories you have burned. This info will give you the exact picture of what you achieved with your walks.
Due to the delicate elements recorded you should purchase a nice quality pedometer if you can afford it, which will record each step you had and each calorie you burned. The American Medical Association recommends using of pedometer for better weight control and more efficient weight loss.
How Often Should You Walk?
Once your doctor approved, you should first walk three days in a week for 15-20 minutes. Then, step by step you should raise the walking routine until you walk 30-60 minutes every day of the week.
You will find that this is the easiest and the best way to lower your weight without any particular diet regime.