THE DANGEROUS SIDE EFFECTS OF BIRTH CONTROL PILLS THAT YOUR DOCTOR MAY NOT TELL YOU – #7 WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
Birth control pills is considered as the most effective contraceptive to prevent unwanted pregnancy. But, absolutely isn’t the healthiest. Actually, birth control pills have harmful side effects and they also disrupt normal bodily processes.
Birth control can have various negative side effects. It is often used because it makes your menstrual cramps easier, and slows down the menstrual cycle. However, this may appear to be a good thing, but it actually disrupt your body’s natural process.
Here are 9 negatives side effects of birth control:
1. Blood clots – the most common side effect of birth control contraceptives. Birth control triples your chances of having blood clots, while pregnancy and childbirth increase your chances five to ten fold. If you experience any signs of blood clot, such as swollen leg or chest pain, immediately stop the pill and consult your doctor for an evaluation.
2. Breakthrough Bleeding – this is most commonly found to be effective of low doses of birth control. It is considered to be caused by hormones making the endometrial lining thinner and more fragile, and even more exposed to wear and tear. However, some studies have shown that the longer you take the pill, the less likely you are to experience breakthrough bleeding.
3. Mood Swings – mood swings, as well as symptoms of depression, are another side effect that some women may experience during consumption of pills.
4, Milk Production – this is extremely important to those who are breastfeeding. Birth control medications can decrease breast milk production by up to 5%. Progestin-only pills like Nor-QD or Ortho Micronor don’t interfere with lactation but have to be taken at the same time every day, since they are slightly less effective than combination pills.
5. Faux Premenstrual Symptoms – Everyone knows the before feeling – the headaches, breast tenderness, water retention, nausea, and mood swings. While these things usually occur before you start the menstruation cycle, with birth control you might experience these out of random.
6. Destroys Good Digestive Bacteria – birth control pills actually destroy the useful bacteria in your intestines, which makes you more susceptible to yeast overgrowth, lower immunity, and infection.
7. Disrupts Ovulation – The synthetic hormones contained in birth control regulate release and timing of specific hormones in the body to prevent ovulation. The pills avoid the maturation of a follicle for ovulation, one of the ovaries most important jobs. Over time, the ovaries may “forget” how to do their job on their own because they haven’t been signaled with the right hormones at the correct time in the menstrual cycle.
8. Cervical Mucus Change – The pills has been shown to thicken cervical mucus so that sperm cannot reach the egg. Healthy cervical mucus is important for conception because it helps sperm travel through the vagina and the cervix to meet and fertilize an egg.
9. Damages the Lining of The Uterus – the pills changes the uterine lining to make it unreceptive to the implantation of a fertilized egg. By controlling the body’s estrogen and progesterone levels with synthetic hormones, a pill does not allow for the proper levels of progesterone to build a healthy uterine lining for implantation
Many women begin taking the pill at a very young age and don’t stop until they want to begin trying to conceive. The Pill doesn’t cause infertility, but impacts long-term fertility by “silencing a woman’s biological clock for so long that, in some cases, they forget it’s ticking away”. In other cases, women ignore or forget they are dealing with a fertility issue because the symptoms have gone away.