The Oil that Treats Psoriasis, Fungus, Cold Sores, Acne and Much More
Tea tree oil (also known as melaleuca oil), is an oil derived from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia tree. It contains 92 beneficial compounds and has a fresh camphor smell. The small growing tree is native to New South Wales, Australia and Southeast Queensland, but can now be found in many countries around the world
In the 1920s, Arthur Penfold, an Australian scientist conducted several studies on essential oils which put tea tree oil in the spotlight. Among the 8 species of trees grown for the oil, Melaleuca alternifolia is the most powerful one. The potent cleaning properties of the oil were known to Australian Aboriginals, who cut the leaves and inhaled the vapors to clean their airways. They also used the crushed Melaleuca alternifolia leaves on wounds in order to cool them down and accelerate the healing.
Tea tree oil can also clean your skin and improve your complexion. It is a powerful cleaning agent that can keep your home clean. Taken orally, the oil can reinforce your immune system. Here are the main properties of Melaleuca alternifolia:
Here’s how you can use the oil at home:
- Apply the oil on your fingernails and toes after showers to improve their appearance;
- Mix the oil with some lavender oil and Aloe gel to create a powerful DIY hand sanitizer;
- To improve your complexion, add a few drops of tea tree oil to your facial cleanser;
- Rub a few drops of the oil on your toothbrush to eliminate bacteria on it;
- To make a powerful cleaner, add a few drops of it in a spray bottle full of water.
- Put a couple of drops of tea tree oil to a diffuser to clean a bigger area;
- Rub some of the oil on your palms and inhale the vapors through your nose to clean your lungs and airways.
- Put a drop of the oil in 4 ounces of water to improve your body’s defenses;
- Add a drop of tea tree oil, lemon juice, veggie sap, coconut oil and olive oil to a drop of water and consume the mixture to reinforce your immune system.
The oil is also a great remedy against numerous skin problems, as well as chickenpox, vaginal infections, lice, halitosis, earaches and boils.
WARNING: the oil shouldn’t be used on sensitive areas in children, and should be used under doctor’s care if you’re pregnant or lactating.