Clean your lungs of nicotine quickly and efficiently and prevent the occurrence of cancer!
Some things sure are easier said than done. While the process of cleansing your lungs might not be the easiest of tasks, it certainly isn’t an impossible one. Are you afraid of bringing drastic changes to your lifestyle? Well, there is no need to be demoralized, since you are not alone. Learn to take one step at a time.
The degree of the task at hand actually depends on the severity of the damage that your lungs have taken. If you have been an occasional smoker, the process could be much simpler than in the case of you being a chain smoker. Nonetheless, if you have quit smoking, we shall discuss some useful ways for the cleansing of your lungs. Try and add 1 of method to your routine every week. This will help your body get used to the new habits slowly and gradually, yet effectively.
The bottom line is to avoid smoking, which includes smoking yourself as well as passive smoking.
1. Choose the Right Environment
i. Stay in Ventilated places
- Stay as much away from any type of smoke or smokers as possible. (ofcourse only when they smoke)
- Make use of technology when you can. Consider getting home air purifiers installed which will help remove allergens and harmful particles from the air.
- Consider a device with a HEPA filter. It works even better than Ozone air cleaners. Moreover, Ozone air cleaners can have adverse affects on your lungs.
For those of you who are not allergic to pollen:
- Keep your windows open whenever possible during daytime. The idea is to keep yourself surrounded by fresh air, even when at home.
- If possible, sleep in fresh air or keep windows open while sleeping. If you cant open the window, open the doors to your living room.
ii. A Clean Home Will Lead to a Clean Inner You
- If you have carpets instead of tiles, make sure you keep them cleaned in a dry cleaner. Use the vaccum cleaner as often as you can.
- Keep your home shelves, furniture and objects dust-free. Consider dusting your place atleast once every 2-3 days.
- If you are using a wood-burning stove, or a fireplace, consider getting an electric stove system. Wood burning stoves release toxins in the smoke, which damages the lungs.
iii. Identify the Good and Bad Plants
During daytime, green plants take in Carbon Dioxide and give out oxygen. That leaves us with cleaner, more fresh air to breathe. Though, keeping green plants in your bedroom isn’t recommended, since without light they will switch to absorbing oxygen.
But keep in mind, that even under sunlight, certain plants emit pollen, spores and other particles that can irritate the lungs. Even if you’re not allergic to plants, go through your plant collection and eliminate the culprits.
Listed below are some plants that you should consider having in your garden.
- Aloe Vera
- Spider Plant
- Snake Plants
- Seeping Fig
- English Ivy
- Palm Tree
- Peace Lily
If you’re suffering from bad lungs, you’re also probably a victim of persistent coughing issues. Coughing is caused by the mucus accumulated in your lungs. Hence, you should try and avoid foods that catalyze mucus production.
Foods to avoid
- Processed Meat
- Frozen Convenience Food
- Fast Food
- Dairy Products like Milk, Cheese, Yoghurt
What to consume
Smoking is one of the menaces that can lead to an acidic PH in your blood. An excess of acid in your body fluids is a condition known as acidosis. It is gets too intense, this could lead to the infamous kidney stones or even Kidney failure.
To help this cause, eat more alakaline foods. Some examples:
- Vegetables: root vegetables, leafy greens
- Fruits: apples, bananas, lemons, berries, oranges, watermelons
- Proteins: almonds, chestnuts
- Spices: cinnamon, curry, ginger
To fight toxins, antioxidants are substances that you need in your body. They neutralize the excess of free radicals and shield your organs from damage. Some examples:
- Fruits: Blueberries, cranberries, grapes, blackberries
- Vegetables: artichokes, broccoli, spinach, sweet potatoes
- Other: green tea, fish, pecans, walnuts
To increase the oxygen intake in your body, you should consider adding more chlorophyll to your diet. It also additionally helps cleanse blood and tissues. There are supplements out there that fulfill this purpose, but you could always turn to nature’s massive helping hand.
- Juiced wheatgrass
- Blue-green micro-algae
- Sprouted seeds
This might be the most underrated of the three remedies, but is surely mega-crucial. Staying fit and in good shape is extremely important for the healthy supply of oxygen to all our organs. Working out also releases endorphins, known as the feel-good hormones. They help relieve pain and lead to feelings of pleasure.
Recommended Exercise Plans for Lung patients
- 150 minutes per week (30 minutes 5 times a week) of moderate aerobic activity. That can be swimming, walking, gardening
- 75 minutes per week (25 minutes 3 times per week) of vigorous aerobic activity OR strength training. That can be jogging, biking, dancing, or playing soccer.
Outdoor sports are the most beneficial and effective. Try engaging yourself in outdoor sports activities as much as possible. They are all health enhancing.
Yoga works magically for ex-smokers. There are two huge reasons for you to add Yoga to your daily lives.
- Yoga makes you to Breathe Efficiently: You will learn and practice to breathe from your diaphragm. That helps to expand the lung capacity and strengthens belly muscles involved in breathing.
- Your Posture Will Get Better: A straight back position provides optimal space for your lungs and muscles to work on breathing.