DANGER: IF YOU DO YOUR DISHES THIS WAY YOU NEED TO BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL!
The sponge absorbs dust and food remains while cleaning the surfaces in your home. However, you need to know that during this cleaning, your sponge can also absorb many bacteria. At this point, it is very important for you to know that sponges are the most contaminated thing in your home. Namely, they contain over 450,000 micro-organisms and bacteria.
These bacteria contribute to the spread of viruses that can eventually lead to colds and flu and many other dangerous diseases. To avoid these risks, all you need to do is follow these tips: when you are done cleaning with the dish sponge, wash it nicely and soak it in very hot water. This will kill all the harmful bacteria that the sponge absorbed.
However, you need to know that if the sponge smells awful, immediately throw it away because this cannot be cleaned.