10 MIND BLOWING USES OF HOMEMADE VAPORUB THAT MAKE IT EVEN BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL
VapoRub is composed of essential oils used to treat coughs and common cold. It is also used for minor muscle and joint pain. However, there are other uses of this incredible gel, and the great news is that you can make your own gel at home.
The unknown benefits of VapoRub:
- Cures toenail fungus – this has been proven in clinical trials. A study that consisted of 18 patients discovered that 56% of them showed significant improvements in the symptoms, while 17% showed no improvements. Apply a small amount on the fungus daily with a cotton swab.
- Pet deterrent – vets recommend this gel as an effective way to train the pet. If your pet goes to s specific place and does a mess, then apply some of the gel and it will deter them from doing their business there. Cats will be prevented from scratching the furniture just by applying it on the pieces and the scent will keep them away.
- Bug repellent – the essential oils in this gel provide a natural and healthy alternative. It will repel small insects like bees, mosquitoes, and flies as they cannot stand the scent. You may apply the gel on the exposed areas of your skin, or rub it on the areas of your house where they tend to congregate.
- Treating earaches – the gel can treat earaches which are caused by ear infections and will heal them. VapoRub contains camphor oil that is an extract of the camphor tree and acts like a natural anesthetic, killing the pin and causing numbness after the application. It provides powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties, so apply a small amount on a cotton ball and place it in your ear for a few minutes, couple of times a day. This will reduce the pin.
- Removing ticks – this is a painful and annoying process, however, VapoRub is very effective in this. Just apply it on the area that surrounds the tick and it will release itself on its own accord, or help loosen its grip.
How to make a homemade VapoRub gel?
This gel is petroleum based, even though it contains natural ingredients. Petroleum has been associated with many health issues, thus the best thing would be to stay away from it. Instead, make your own gel at home with all natural ingredients.
- 2 tbsp. of beeswax pellets;
- 20 drops of peppermint oil;
- 20 drops of camphor oil;
- ½ cup of coconut oil;
- 20 drops of eucalyptus oil.
How to prepare it: melt the beeswax pellets into the coconut oil and mix them together. Next, add the essential oils. In case you use it on babies, children, or pets, use half of the recommended amounts). Mix them well and then store it into a small container like a mini jar or Chap Stick case. Apply it the same way as mentioned above.