Tips to Grow Your Hair Super Fast In a Week
Anger, frustration, and aggravation are common emotions experienced by women trying to achieve faster hair growth, and rightfully so.
We always try to find proven tips that are boasted, but in reality, they don’t do what they are expected to do.
Hair growth is tricky territory filled with quicksand traps we should avoid. First, you have the “miracle hair growth” products that promise inches of growth in just a few short weeks. Then, there’s the overwhelming amount of unproven “fast hair growth tips”. All of these do more harm than good and never live up to their potential.
But here is the good news! Faster hair growth is indeed possible. And it can be achieved naturally without investing large amounts of time or money, and without risking damage to your hair.
Doing simple things like adjusting your hair care routine and trying hair treatments can help your hair to grow faster over a short period of time. You can also make adjustments to your diet so you are eating foods and consume vitamins that encourage hair growth.
Do a warm oil scalp massage. A warm oil scalp massage uses natural oils to improve the health of your scalp and encourage hair growth. Oils like coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, and argan oil can all be used during your scalp massage. Keep in mind warm scalp massages have not been scientifically proven to lead to faster hair growth.
- Start by warming up the oil on a stovetop or in the microwave. Test the oil before you use it to make sure it is not boiling hot; you want a comfortable temperature that will not damage your scalp or your hair.
- Use your fingers to gently massage your scalp with the warm oil in slow, circular motions. If you have a partner or a friend close by, ask them to help you massage your scalp. Have them massage your scalp with their fingertips for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Then, run the oil through your hair and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Shampoo your hair well, possibly more than once, to remove the oil.
Make a hair mask. Give your hair some TLC and encourage your hair follicles to grow faster by applying a hair mask once or twice a week. You can make your own natural oil mask or buy over-the-counter hair masks at your local drug store.
- Combine 1 cup coconut oil with 1 tablespoon almond oil, macadamia oil, and jojoba oil. Apply the mask to damp hair and leave it in for ten minutes. Then, wash and condition your hair as you normally would.
Try a castor oil treatment. Castor oil is known for its beneficial effects on skin care and hair. Using a castor oil hair mask may help your hair to grow faster and healthier.
- Start by massaging your scalp with castor oil and allowing the oil to fall into your hair. Wrap your hair and head with a plastic shower cap so the oil stays put. You may want to spread a towel on your pillow so you do not get oil on your pillowcase.
- Leave the oil in overnight. The following morning, wash and condition your hair as you usually would, making sure to remove all the oil.
Apply an apple cider rinse. Apple cider vinegar can be very effective at removing dirt, grime, and oil buildup in your hair, as well as any residue from your hair styling products. You can use apple cider on the days you do not use shampoo as a natural alternative or apply it following your regular shampoo and conditioner routine.
- Add two tablespoons of vinegar to two cups of water and rinse your hair with this mixture. Though the water may smell strongly of vinegar, this smell will fade.
Shampoo your hair two to three times during the week. Cutting down on your shampoo routine to two to three times a week will allow the oils in your scalp to penetrate your hair. Your hair can then hydrate and repair itself.
Cold rinse your hair at the end of a shower. Rinsing your hair with cool water at the end of a hot shower can help to seal the cuticle and give your hair more durability when you style it.
Avoid wrapping your wet hair in a towel. Though you may be in the habit of wrapping and twisting your hair in a towel once you get out of the shower, doing this can cause breakage and put stress on the strands of your hair. Wet hair is particularly fragile so substitute the post-shower towel wrap with a gentle pat down using a dry towel.
Brush your hair before bed. Over-brushing your hair every day can actually be bad for your hair and lead to poor growth. Instead, use a boar bristle brush a few times through your hair before bed. This will help to distribute the oils in your scalp onto your hair so it stays moisturized, naturally.
Avoid hot styling tools. One of the most common ways you can damage your hair and hinder its ability to grow is to use hot styling tools like hair dryers, hair straighteners, and hair curlers. Try to cut back on your use of them or cut them out of your hair care routine completely. Go for more natural looking locks so you do not get in the way of healthy hair growth.
- If you do use hot styling tools, you should use them on a low heat setting and use a heat protectant gel or cream to avoid damaging your hair.
Get your hair trimmed. While it may seem counterintuitive to get your hair trimmed in order to encourage rapid hair growth, getting your hair stylist to trim your hair can actually help your hair to grow faster and healthier. Trimming your hair regularly will prevent split ends from working their way up the strands of your hair, which will reduce the need to get your hair cut. Split ends can cause your hair to break off high up on the strand, leading to shorter hair and more trips to your stylist.
Take hair-boosting supplements. A multivitamin that is formulated to improve your hair may be a good option if your diet is not supplying enough hair boosting nutrition. Look for vitamins labeled “For hair”, such as biotin tablets, which contain key vitamins like biotin, vitamin C, and vitamin B that support hair health. These supplements can help your hair grow faster and healthier.
Eat foods that are high in protein. Increasing your protein intake will promote healthy hair growth and ensure you do not start to shed or lose your hair. Make sure your diet is a balance of meat, fish, beans, nuts, and whole grains. If you are vegetarian, ensure you get enough protein through soy-based foods, beans, nuts, and grains.
- If you would like to follow a high protein diet, it’s important that you choose your protein sources wisely. Avoid processed meats or full-fat dairy products, as these, can lead to other health issues. Make sure you are also getting enough healthy carbs in your diet that are high in fiber and full of nutrients, such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.